Towers is currently in the process of being released on the iOS App Store. It works on all iPads (running iOS 5.1 and up) and contains all of the same levels as the XBox version, but with a redesigned interface to allow for super-touch-screen-wonderfulness™. There are also leaderboards to measure your wizarding achievements against the masses.
Here’s the blurb:
In the land of Sarcastia, all is not well. The magic crystals have been disturbed and now the wizards are in danger. As Elweiss, only you can defend the crystals and save your wizardly brethren.
Build and upgrade towers to destroy the approaching hordes of monsters, before they can reach your wizards and shatter the magical crystals. With 20 levels and 10 different endings. Can YOU cast the ultimate spell?
* Fiendishly addictive game play. Can you retrieve every crystal and how many wizards will be sacrificed?
* 20 levels, each requiring different strategies to complete.
* 3 difficulty settings from the casual friendly Beginner up to Tough, which will test even the hardiest TD veterans.
* Upgradeable towers mean you’ve always got plenty of choices.
* Leaderboards and achievements. Can you beat the competition?
* 10 different endings, based on your skill and progress though the game.
At the time of writing, I believe it’s already live in New Zealand and is making it’s way around the world. I’ll post some links up once I know they’ll work.
I’d like to thank everyone who has helped. You’ve been a big part of getting Towers to the iPad.
Finally, as is customary on this blog, I’d like to apologise for the incredible rarity of any new posts. If you’re in the neighbourhood and fancy leaving me a message, your best bet is to find me on Twitter: @AdamSteppens